When you think of color and of NYFW, most people think of the one and only Alice + Olivia. Launched in 2002, Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet is a brand that allows women to express their style. With clothing that juxtaposes the whimsical and flirty with the sexy and sophisticated, a+o epitomizes the personality and perspective of its founder, Stacey Bendet. The brand was born from Stacey’s personal quest to create the perfect pair of pants and has since grown into a full lifestyle collection, including ready-to-wear, gowns, shoes, handbags and accessories. The brand is a Hollywood favorite with celebrity fans, including Meghan Markle, Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Gigi Hadid and Jessica Alba.
House of alice + olivia, welcomes women to come and indulge in the endless glamour, whimsy, and inspiration found in Stacey’s wonderland version of home. For the Spring of 2023, Stacey Bendet of alice + olivia asks “Why must glamour only exist outside?”
“So often do my interiors inspire my design, and my designs inspire my interiors,” she notes. Forged from her experience of decorating a new home in the last year, her SS23 collection presentation puts forth the surreal possibilities of creating an illustrious wardrobe inspired by interior decor. But this is no study in minimalist design. Instead, it nods to a British eclectic style: eccentric and maximalist, sophisticated and dramatic.
In the presentation, people wander through several vibrantly decorated rooms. Women don Alice + Olivia housecoats made of a gorgeous brocade reminiscent of regal window curtains. Some lounge on couches with tulle floral gowns speckled with hints of bright colors as if a garden comes to life on the garment itself. Others show their grand dame prowess with rich white silk capes welcoming guests into a glamorous dinner party. Some even wear sculptural floral cocktail dresses, ideal for the woman who wants to exude romance and sexiness. In a cheeky move, there’s a coat meant to emulate a gorgeous baked cake and is worn in a room filled with actual renditions of the decadent treat.
But glamour wasn’t the only thing on Bendet’s mind for both the collection and her home, she mixed in elements of 90’s grunge while maintaining a vibe that is both feminine and chic. “It’s modern femininity, where women can mix and match collection pieces. Make them more fun, youthful, livelier,” she says. This is noticeable, indeed.
Alice + Olivia’s signature tailoring is cropped for modernity. Silk dresses are paired with sneakers or the brand’s new line of trucker hats. Mini leather dresses are lined with resplendent embellished crystals, while others are fully engulfed in them. The color palette is as varied and vibrant as it gets. Tulle and organza make their seasonal statement in dramatic shapes and fresh, colorful silhouettes. There are pops of bright greens, pinks, turquoises, and, as Bendet likes to call a soft hue of red-orange, “Chili Pepper.” There’s also a string of vegan trench coats (a season must-have!) worn with renditions of wide-leg denim styles that Alice + Olivia enthusiasts always covet. Cropped tailored blazers come in chic solids and a beautiful hot pink version with embroidered flowers, reminiscent of a beautiful garden bouquet that has come to sartorial life. Bendet even brings an element of nostalgia to the collection, revisiting the classic preppy rugby attire. However, her version teeters on modern and feminine, something she says makes you feel at home in a fresh revisional way.
While House of alice + olivia, is primarily inspired by the beauty found at home, its reach is not so singular. Ultimately, the collection is another love note to women who are not defined by one aesthetic, demographic, age…. It is a treasure trove of designs for women who want options, find happiness in the mundane, and cultivate the world through clothing and interior design. “You should always dress to match the room you’re going to be in. Your outfit is the iconic moment that it’s meant to be in a room that is it in,” she says. “The skincare look for the Alice + Olivia show created by Arbonne was all about setting the canvas with a luminous, youthful-looking radiance and the ultimate natural glow.” -Krystal Vigo, PRIV Esthetician
- For the Arbonne express glow facial, achieving healthy, glow, dewy skin in 2-3 minutes, start by dampening the skin. Apply a droplet of the NEW! Arbonne DermResults Smoothing Glow Cleanser to the Arbonne Dissolve the Day Facial Cleansing Cloth. Then, gently massage in a circular motion onto the face. Use a fresh cleansing cloth to remove product remnants of the cleanser.
- Apply Arbonne Awakening Gold Colored Gel Eye Masks to clean, dry under eye area and leave on for 1-15 minutes, depending on amount of time you have. Discard and pat remaining serum into the skin.
- Apply 2-3 drops of NEW! Arbonne Illuminating Skin Therapy Concentrate with 15% Vitamin C into palms of hand, emulsify well and gently press upon the facial area. Massage well until well absorbed (making sure to avoid the under and outer eye area). If you have sensitive skin, substitute this step with the Arbonne HydrateMe Crushed Jelly Serum with Edulis Cellular Water.
- Apply NEW! Arbonne DermResults Glow Cream With Vitamin C using a spatula applicator evenly all over the face and massage into skin well, avoiding the eye area.
- Using a spatula applicator, apply a small amount of the Arbonne HydrateMe Brilliant Eye Gel with Edulis Cellular Water to the under-eye area and gently pat down, helping to soothe, hydrate and brighten the appearance of dark circles.
MAKEUP – TOO FACED: Turquoise Stacey Eye (look 1 of 5)
- Prep the face with Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer
- Prep the eyelids with Shadow Insurance
- Apply Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer on the eyelids
- Apply Killer Liner in Turquoise in a bubble shape on the upper eyelid and continue to glide the liner right under the lower lash line
- Blend out the Turquoise with your finger
- Apply Ethereal Setting Powder to the eyelids
- Blend Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer + Too Faced Replenishing Face Primer and apply to the skin and neck with a brush and sheer it out
- *NEW Conceal under the eyes with Ethereal Light Concealer
- Apply the Cloud Crush blush in Candy to right below the eye and blend up (sneak peak of Spring 2023 collection)
- Apply Better Than Sex Mascara to finish off the eye look
- Line the lips with Lady Bold Lip Liner in Badass
- Apply Cocoa Bold Lipstick in Chocolate Strawberry to the lips
- Plump the lips with Lip Injection Plumping Lip Gloss in Wifey For Lifey
- Achieve natural fluffy brows with Too Faced Fluff & Hold Brow Wax
- Fill in brows with Super Fine Brow Detailer Eyebrow Pencil
NAILS – KISS
- Select correct sizes of KISS Bare But Better Nails in style Nude Drama and set aside in order
- File and shape into almond
- Use different colors of polish in blue, yellow, green, pink and tomato red to create colored french tips
- Apply final nails with glue to natural nail
HAIR – Moroccanoil
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment – or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer hair and lighter tones — from mid-lengths to ends to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Work Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion into the hair from mid-lengths to ends to defrizz and leave the hair luxuriously silky.
- To protect the hair from all heat styling, apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defense globally throughout the hair.
- Use the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer to blow the hair out straight and smooth.
- Utilize Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the hair to add texture and dimension.
- Create a sleek middle part and then pull the rest of the hair back into a low ponytail, being sure to smooth as you go with the Moroccanoil Styling Comb. Secure this with an elastic or elastic thread.
- Twist the ponytail and wrap it around the base elastic to create a tight bun, securing it as you go with bobby pins.
- Secure the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to strengthen the hold and ensure no flyaways.
- Finish off the bun with an extra-large scrunchie to add a bold pop of color.